An in-depth analysis of the Circle K and Jackpocket relationship.
Online lottery ticket sales companies are gaining customers steadily and taking away market share from retailers in the US, particularly in New York, New Jersey, Arkansas and Texas (where their market share is estimated to be roughly 20%).
Circle K and Jackpocket have announced their collaborative marketing efforts since 2021, with an advertisement pointing to the popularity of mobile lottery apps. This serves as a clear sign from Circle K that they see the potential in such platforms, as evidenced by their investment in Jackpocket and their joint marketing endeavors. You can find examples of their collaborations below.
Players Edge Lottery Picks can offer a more attractive option for lottery players thanks to our AI-generated lottery number predictions, which have been proved to be successful. For instance, in the first quarter of 2023, Players Edge predicted the Powerball jackpot number correctly 8 times, whereas the Powerball actual results only had 2 jackpot winners–that’s a whopping 5.47 times more likely to win if you go with Players Edge AI-generated numbers!
Circle K is aware of the danger posed by online lottery apps and has chosen to collaborate with them rather than confront them. However, we don’t think this strategy will safeguard the amount of customers buying tickets from Circle K, as Jackpocket continues to grow and expand its reach. If that happens, will Jackpocket even need these joint promotions, and are those discounts adequate to entice lottery players to visit Circle K?
- Original press release 7/15/21 (below) announced that Circle K will be providing “special perks” for lottery players, thereby trying to protect its lottery-based customer foot traffic – the Ad I sent you is an example of one of those perks – saving 25 cents per gallon of gas.
- Jackpocket and Circle K also ran their own joint sweepstakes in July 2021, offering gift cards to winners – https://jackpocket.com/tos/circle-k-sweeps
- Jackpocket and Circle K’s second press release on 3/21/22 (below) offered Circle K customers $5 off their first lottery order on Jackpocket
- On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=490699645829534 – jointly promoting “How would you spend $100 at Circle K?” implying winning on Jackpocket translates to spending at Circle K
- On Twitter https://twitter.com/Jackpocket/status/1514976556107583488 – jointly promoting “Free Play Fridays” where every Friday you can win $50 Jackpocket credit and $50 Circle K gift card
- March 18, 2023 In New Mexico (https://www.sportsinsider.com/lottery-app-jackpocket-partners-with-circle-k-to-launch-in-new-mexico/) jointly promoting Jackpocket app availability in NM
- January 25, 2023 in Arizona https://www.playaz.com/news/play-az-jackpocket-lottery-app-arizona-circle-k/ – jointly promoting Jackpocket app availability in AZ
- Circle K Ventures invests $55 Million in start-ups including Jackpocket https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2022/03/02/circle-k-invests-55m-into-companies-that-it-hopes.html / https://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2021/02/09/lottery-ticket-app-jackpocket-raises-50-million-i.html
NEW YORK, March 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Jackpocket, the leading third-party app in the U.S. to provide a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, and Circle K, one of the largest convenience store brands in the U.S., have extended their partnership to offer exclusive perks for lottery players and Circle K customers.
Jackpocket and Circle K Continue Partnership for New Spring Campaign
“One of our goals at Jackpocket is to make the lottery convenient for everyone and Circle K fits seamlessly into how we accomplish that,” said Jackpocket CEO and founder, Peter Sullivan. “Their convenience store brand is renowned for being customer-focused, and that shared value is why we continue to work together to provide consumers with fun experiences, meeting them where they already are.”
Together, Jackpocket and Circle K are kicking off a spring campaign in just over 1,650 Circle K and Holiday stores in Ohio, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Arkansas, New Hampshire, and New York.
Through this partnership, Circle K customers and team members can claim an exclusive $5 off their first lottery order in the Jackpocket mobile app. Jackpocket app users may also have the opportunity to unlock special deals at Circle K stores. As part of the partnership, Circle K will promote the exclusive Jackpocket offer across a variety of Circle K channels, including in-store, email, and in the Circle K rewards app.
“We’re proud of our continued partnership with Jackpocket,” said Melissa Lessard, the head of North American marketing at Circle K. “Providing a simple, exclusive and convenient way to order official state lottery tickets with just the tap of a button is a great way to engage our customers and make their lives a little easier every day.”
To join in the fun, first-time Jackpocket players may use the promo code CKJP at checkout in the Jackpocket app to receive $5 off their first lottery ticket order.
Available in ten states, Jackpocket provides a secure way for lotto lovers to order official state lottery tickets for Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life, and more and view their tickets right on their phone. Jackpocket players have won over $100 million in lottery prizes to date, including nine individual players who have won prizes worth a million dollars or more.
Jackpocket is on a mission to create a more convenient, fun and responsible way to play the lottery. The first licensed third-party lottery app in the United States, Jackpocket provides an easy, secure way to order official state lottery tickets. Jackpocket is currently available in Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington, D.C., and is expanding to many new markets. Download the app on iOS or Android and follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Circle K
Circle K is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alimentation Couche-Tard (“Couche-Tard”). Couche-Tard is a global leader in convenience and fuel retail, operating in 26 countries and territories, with more than 14,100 stores, of which approximately 10,800 offer road transportation fuel. With its well-known Couche-Tard and Circle K banners, it is one of the largest independent convenience store operators in the United States and it is a leader in the convenience store industry and road transportation fuel retail in Canada, Scandinavia, the Baltics, as well as in Ireland. It also has an important presence in Poland and Hong Kong SAR. Approximately 124,000 people are employed throughout its network.
Jackpocket and Circle K Team Up To Bring U.S. Lottery Players a New Way to Play
The Lottery App Partners with One of the Largest Convenience Store Brands in America to Bring Exclusive Perks to a Potential of Over 1.1 Million New Players Per Day
Spending too much on gas? For a limited time, grab a lotto ticket on Jackpocket and save at the pump with our friends at Circle K!
Circle K -Jackpocket redemption coupon via email